Thursday, December 4, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

Chocolate chip cookies are a real challenge for me. My husbands grandmother has a reputation for making the best chocolate chip cookies in town (A reputation I have to admit she has earned, they really are the amazing). Unfortunately, each time we have tried to recreate her famous recipe the cookies come out wrong; too flat, too puffy, cake-like, or dry. As a result, I have been trying my own recipes out to come up with a completely different type of chocolate chip cookie that won't have to live in the forever shadows when compared to the famous "grandma's cookies". 

This recipe was not one that I created myself. It came from Sarah Copeland's The Newlywed Cookbook available here and in Crate & Barrel stores.  

Thousand-Layer Chocolate Chip Cookies (click for recipe) 

This cookie is crispy and rich with decadent specks of dark chocolate all over! 






Secondary to the decadent chocolate, Fleur De Sel is a star component of this crunchy cookie





2 comments: